Product Info Manager
Product Information Manager (PIM)
The Icecat Product Information Manager (PIM) is an open source backoffice system designed for large-scale management of rich product catalogs. The Icecat PIM can handle millions of multimedia product data-sheets. It not only supports editors for updating and mainting product content, but is also a distribution hub in a catalog publishing value chain.
Connecting vendor sourcesThe Icecat PIM can be connected to Icecat as a source, but also to other original vendor sources. It can include basic logistic information from distributors and other suppliers in the channel. It can enrich this data on the basis of original manufacturer sources. Standardization can be enforced by mapping categories, features and brand names.
Supporting multilingual editor processesThe web-based Icecat PIM is designed to support large editor teams, simultaneously working on the multimedia product database. Typical editor work involves the maintenance of mappings, entering and standardizing product data-sheets, and managing data definitions.
Open Catalog InterfaceIcecat PIM`s Open Catalog Interface has become an industry XML standard for distribution product data-sheets to channel partners, including etailers, comparison websites, distributors traditional retailers, etc.
- Free downloading
- Open source license
- Icecat compatible
- Proven concept
- Multilingual Can support any character set and language. Icecat itself supports more than 30 common languages.
- Large-scale Used to manage large-scale product catalogs with millions of data-sheets
- Multimedia Can include any media type, incl. data, marketing texts, PDFs, photo galleries, video, etc.
- Icecat integrated Provides standard interfaces to Open Icecat for downloads of the free catalog
- Open Source The Icecat PIM is provided for free under a standard open source license.