||What is the Icecat Fair Use Policy?
||OPEN ICECAT FAIR USE POLICY
A user of Open Icecat will conform to Open Icecat’s Fair Use Policy and do its best to avoid to harm Icecat.biz’s goodwill, business reputation, and operations.
The fair use of Icecat.biz Information includes the complete avoidance of:
• intellectual property violations;
• forging of message headers to mask the originator;
• privacy violations;
• illegal or unauthorized access to other computers or networks;
• distribution of internet viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other destructive software;
• facilitating a violation of this fair use policy;
• other illegal activities;
• engaging in other activities, whether lawful or unlawful, that Icecat determines to be harmful to its subscribers, operations, reputation, goodwill, or customer relations.
As Open Icecat and its sponsors are providing you as a user with a large quantity of free product data, it is in your interest to fulfil the following requirements of the Icecat Fair Use Policy:
• be fully compliant to the Open Content License Agreement (see http://opencontent.org/opl.shtml )
• mention explicitly the (c) Icecat.biz copyrights on all product data sheets, with a link to the Icecat.biz web site
• include explicitly the Open Icecat "AS IS" disclaimer
• inform your company's merchant contacts (at distributors, resellers, or etailers), and other relevant business contacts, that you are making use of Open Icecat and that they can make free use of Open Icecat as well
• inform your organization's manufacturer contacts that you kindly request or require them to provide their product data to Open Icecat and contact Icecat
Please login to reply